What is a French Rod?
French Return Rods have two distinct features. No finials are used, and they return to the wall. Adding these features reduce the space between the drapery panel and the end of the drapery rod, which is normally a light gap. This is the best curtain rod for blackout curtains or Room Darkening Curtains, a rod that provides edge-to-edge coverage to reduce light, noise and drafts during the night. It is especially helpful for light sleepers or night shift workers.
Also Known as "French pole", the French used it as a way to highlight the fabric, especially in window dressings with tapestries. In their presentations the French preferred to focus on the fabric's design or artwork.
1-5/8" Round Iron Curtain Rod
- Materials: Metal
- Hardware Materials: Iron
Diamensions and Sizes:
- All rods will be cut exactly to the length you specify.
- Custom Cutting Rods : Yes. ( 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 and 8 ft )
- Product Type: Closet Rod/ Curtain Rod/ Shower Rod
- Color / Finish: Aged Iron, Antique Brass, Beijing, Brass, Bronze, Brushed Nickel, Burgundy, Espresso, French Blue, Glit, Gold and More.
- Mount Type: Adjustable.
- Style: Art Deco,Classic,Coastal,Cottage,Glam,Industrial,Mid-Century Modern,Minimalist,Modern,Transitional.
- Assembly Required: Yes
- Installation Required: Yes.