FRENCH RODS, 1" & 1-5/8" DIAMETER
One of the most popular drapery hardware styles right now are French Rods that return to the wall. We offer many options to configure these rods to your application.
French Rods for 1" and 1-5/8" diameter rods are hollow. Returns are sold separately and splice into the rod ends. Returns without bases require brackets. Returns with welded bases suspend the rod and allow for direct installation. Standard projection is 31/2" to rod center. 6" projection available at no extra charge (6%" for 1—5/8" rods). Custom projection available at an extra charge. Provide Face width measurement when ordering. Center supports are recommended for rods over 96". See coordinating bracket section.
Easy to order,
- Specify: *Face With, Rod Style, Return Style and Finish. * We will cut rods to the appropriate length to equal your speciﬁed face width.
- Standard projection is 3‘/z” measured to the rod center. Please specify if you require a custom projection.
- Order additional brackets, rings and batons as needed.
- Pricing: Rod cost = Face width 7 10" (for returns) rounded up to the next full foot + each return.
||Return with *Base
|Splices into rod end. Adds approximately 5" per side, Brackets are required.
||Splines into rod end. Adds approximately 5" per side. *Specify base style.
French Rods (also called "French Poles") are one of the most popular drapery hardware styles right now. Instead of cutting off in midair, French style curtain rods return to the wall. We offer many options to configure these rods to your application.
This rod is designed to sit outside of the window frame, The finish coordinates flawlessly with existing furniture pieces, lighting, fixtures and adds that final touch to your decor.
French Return Rods have been a fashionable choice in window enhancement for some time now.
What is a French Rod?
French Return Rods have two distinct features. No finials are used, and they return to the wall. Adding these features reduce the space between the drapery panel and the end of the drapery rod, which is normally a light gap. This is the best curtain rod for blackout curtains OR room darkening curtains, a rod that provides edge-to-edge coverage to reduce light, noise and drafts during the night. It is especially helpful for light sleepers or night shift workers.
Also Known as "French pole", the French used it as a way to highlight the fabric, especially in window dressings with tapestries. In their presentations the French preferred to focus on the fabric's design or artwork.
- Versatile rod is great for indoor (bedroom, family room, dining room, office) or outdoor use (porch, patio, pergola, deck)
- Rust resistant coating protects rod from the elements
- Rod can be ceiling or wall mounted
- Available in two sizes, the telescoping rod can be adjusted to fit your window.
- Product Type: Curtain Rod
- Material: Metal
- Primary Material: Iron
- Rust Resistant: Yes
- Mounting Location: Outside window frame
- Room Use: Bathroom; Bedroom; Living room; Dining room
- Assembly Required: Yes
- Color/Finish: Aged Iron, Antique Brass, Beijing, Brass, Bronze, Brushed Nickel, Burgundy, Espresso, French Blue, Glit, Gold and More.